Do you know, there are more than 58,000 plugins available for WordPress? In fact, having a large number of plugins makes it difficult to know which ones can really make a difference and which ones go by the names only.
It’s not easy to find the best plugins for WordPress according to performance, speed, development, backup, SEO, social media, and other factors. If you unknowingly install too many plugins at once for one specific purpose, your website can be severely compromised in terms of loading time.
As a result, your audience will start to lose patience and they will stop visiting your website eventually. We are sure you don’t want something like that to happen.
To get rid of your headache, Themeim is going to present the best plugins for WordPress in this article. All of the plugins achieved a place on our list after going through rigorous testing in a tentative and experimental manner by experts.
Before you select the plugins and get a suitable WordPress theme, you need to get convenient hosting for your website. Perhaps, this might help you to choose the best WordPress hosting.
What is WordPress Plugin?
Before you go any further, you must know what a WordPress plugin is. Basically, WordPress plugins are some kind of addons or extensions to help you with anything that is related to business growth or WordPress development.
When you install a plugin, a small code is being added to the terminal in the background, but you don’t even notice. The plugin is added for its specific feature. Some plugins serve only one particular purpose, while some plugins serve multiple purposes.
Do you know what the fun part is? You don’t need any coding knowledge to enable the feature of plugins. Many features can be added to your WordPress site through plugins, you just have to press a few clicks.
Also, find out the most popular WordPress themes if you are not sure which theme is appropriate for your website.
A list of the best plugins for WordPress in 2021
We, the members of Themeim, have prepared a list of the best WordPress plugins based on the fundamental factors of building a website. Perhaps, this will give an overall idea about all the plugins at a glance –
Best WordPress Backup Plugins:
Best Google Analytics Plugins:
6. Site Kit
Best Page Builder Plugins:
Best Form Plugins:
WPForms Best eCommerce Plugins:
Best Email and Newsletter Plugins:
Best WordPress Website Migration Plugins:
Best Plugins for Ad Management:
20. Ad Inserter
Now we are going to discuss each of these plugins starting from Yoast SEO. Then, go through other plugins one-by-one.
1. Yoast SEO:
- Nicely preconfigured with a list of SEO suggestions for a target keyword.
- It helps you to make each page and posts SEO optimized with proper instruction for the title, metadata, and more.
- Make your content accessible to your readers by analyzing the content’s readability.
- Some users encountered blank screens while Yoast SEO was active.
- Its approach of indexing and pagination may seem ignorant.
- Doesn’t work properly with the Genesis framework.
Being one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins and one of the widely used plugins overall, it is easy to understand why Yoast SEO has gained a place in our list. Currently, it has more than 5 million users and the number is growing continuously.
Do you know, Google handles approximately 5.6 billion searches per day and almost 3.8 million searches per minute. Therefore, getting organic traffic for your website might not be a big deal. You just need to try a little harder than your competitors.
Considering the paid results, you may get only 5% of the user for search engine traffic. In order to keep up with your competitors, you have to maintain the traffic level. There are plenty of tools to drive traffic. And Yoast SEO plugin stays on a different level among all the tools to optimize your posts so that they can rank easily.
- They say it’s a swiss army knife for WordPress SEO as it is great for not only local SEO but also for image SEO, WooCommerce SEO, and many more.
- It introduces you to a game-like procedure for content optimization where you can judge the level of optimization based on the score you get from 0 to 100.
- A built-in SEO comes with RankMath that can be turned on when you need it and turned off when you don’t need it.
- The service of the free version of this plugin may not be enough for advanced SEO.
- Sometimes, this plugin may seem over-smart for SEO.
- Turning off the review reminder can be tricky
Yes, we know some of you may not be familiar with RankMath as it is a newcomer to the space of SEO plugins. But it has been gaining a reputable mark by providing outstanding services.
As it integrates with the Google Search Console, it gives you updates on the performance of your website. All you need is just a few clicks and you will see how your website elevates to the next level. For being highly intelligent, this SEO plugin is easy to use. You don’t have to waste time configuring or learning the interfaces, it is already well configured.
Rankmath WordPress Average Ratings –
Arguably, Yoast SEO is a better solution than RankMath. But there are objections that Yoast SEO doesn’t work well on some frameworks like the Genesis framework. As a result, RankMath just can be the right SEO tool if you are using such frameworks.
- You can either back up your website manually at any time or schedule an automatic backup.
- Save and store your backup files in your local storage or on the cloud.
- If you make a mistake you can return to the previous state at any time.
- Some claim that this plugin makes fake backup as the backup process actually fails.
- This plugin doesn’t allow restoring files on a different server.
- To many, this plugin may seem really slow.
According to the cybercrime report – an average of 30,000 websites become the victims of hackers. And you don’t want to be a part of that.
Unfortunately, if you fall victim to such scenarios; you need to reserve a backup of your website. Aside from that, particular portions of your website may sometimes stop working due to errors. Without adequate backup like UpdraftPlus, you may lose some precious functions or portions forever. All your hard work will be lost and you have to redo all those work wasting your time.
Perhaps we can explain another scenario with an example, a person is using less than 10 plugins on his website. It is quite common that compatibility issues can occur due to monthly plugin updates. You can get rid of such issues very easily with recent backups.
So, there are many reasons like cyber attacks, compatibility issues, website migration that can affect your precious configuration. On top of that, you may not like how your system performs after certain updates. A proper backup can be the solution for all these problems.
UpdraftPlus WordPress Average Ratings –
There are tons of backup plugins available in the WordPress library. But the UpdraftPlus holds a separate position among all of them. It is powerful, integrated with multiple cloud storage, and simple to use.
4. WP Rocket:
- Clear browser caches for a better user experience.
- Clear caches of dynamically loaded pages and fully optimize your website. Increase website loading time by enabling lazy loading.
- The Content Delivery Network (CDN) will intelligently integrate your caching solution.
- As it is a complete optimization plugin, it can be hard for someone with a little technical knowledge to utilize this tool.
- There is no free version of this plugin
You know why it is crucial to load your website faster. If your website takes a lot of time to load, there is a possibility that you will lose your existing customers. Performance and optimization plugins can help your website to load faster than before.
If you are not satisfied with the current loading time, you need to use such plugins. WP Rocket is a website performance and optimization plugin. It is a premium plugin and it is unfortunate that there is no free version of it. However, the service you will get is more than enough to convince you. It only costs around $49 to get you started with WP Rocket.
Page loading speed is related to SEO ranking. Great indexing on Google depends on how fast your website’s pages can load. WP Rocket is the plugin that can take you to that position. Although W3 Total Cache can be the best alternative plugin, the support is not like WP Rocket. The customers of WP Rocket have reached more than 1,458,000. So, you can understand the importance of this plugin and why it has earned a place on our list.
Get this plugin here – Premium
5. Lazy Load:
- Loads iframes or images only when the particular page is visible to the user.
- Improve overall site loading speed by reducing the number of simultaneous HTTP requests and supporting CDN.
- With a script of only 10KB, there is no possibility of making your website heavy.
- This plugin may affect the responsiveness of your site.
- But it’s not certain. You may face an image loading issue, especially on mobile devices.
Lazy Load is a simple yet effective plugin for website performance and optimization. While the WP Rocket is a premium plugin, you can get Lazy Load for free. Those who are under budget and not willing to spend extra money on additional plugins can choose Lazy Load.
With more than 100,00 active users and an overall 5-star rating, this plugin is worth installing. This plugin increases your website loading speed in an intelligent way.
It reduces multiple HTTP requests at the same time and supports CDN to increase loading speed a bit more. The script of this plugin weights only 10KB to make sure it doesn’t make your site heavy. You will be surprised to know that Youtube iframes can be replaced with preview thumbnails to speed up loading time a bit further.
Get this plugin here – Free
6. Site Kit:
- Allows you to set up Google tools like Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, PageSpeed Insights in your website.
- You can see the status of these tools on a single WordPress dashboard.
- This allows you to be granular to manage permissions between WordPress and various Google products easily. You can measure the metrics for the entire website or for a single post.
- After installing and activating this plugin, a proper configuration is needed, which is the hard part.
- Many have complained that this plugin slowed down their websites.
There is no better analytics plugin than Site Kit that can connect Google Analytics services to your WordPress dashboard. Site Kit is a tool that shows the overall performance of your website through a number of clicks, impressions, unique visitors, completed goals, and more.
Moreover, you can get an overall view of your entire website or a single page. All this can be shown from the WordPress admin bar. Site Kit is able to display the overall performances of multiple websites that are connected to your accounts.
So, you can manage multiple websites from one platform. You don’t have to mess with the codes or anything since this plugin will set up everything in a convenient way. In just three simple steps, you can install this plugin and make it running for your website. Undoubtedly, Site Kit is one of the best WordPress traffic analysis plugins and you can get it for free.
Get this plugin here – Free
7. Really Simple SSL:
- This plugin makes your URLs secure with https:// hyperlinks.
- Except for home URL and site URL, you can fix any insecure content by simply replacing http:// with https://
- Besides the default https internal WordPress redirection, you can enable .htaccess redirection.
- The free version will perform better for 90 days. After that, the performance will go down to usual.
- For the wrong configuration of this plugin, you may not login to wp-login.php. But that’s unlikely to happen.
Migrating your website to HTTPS/SSL is very important for the protection of both your website and visitors. The free version of Really Simple SSL is enough to keep your website protected. Although domain and hosting providers offer free SSL services, you need to integrate your website in order to use it.
Really Simple SSL also helps you to avoid the irritating “Not Secure” warnings when you try to visit a non-HTTPS website. You don’t have to bother at all with the configuration. With just one click, you can update old URLs and set up redirects with Really Simple SSL. The installation process of this plugin is a breeze. All it takes is just a few clicks and voila! you are all set.
In all, the plugin has garnered 4.8 stars on the WordPress official website with over 375 votes. Take a look at this video to know how to install Really Simple SSL –
8. All In One WP Security & Firewall:
- Helps you to detect if there is an account with identical login and display name.
- Brings a grading system to measure the overall security of your site with unprecedented points.
- With one click, create instant DB backups with auto-scheduling.
- Although it is said that the plugin is free but in fact, it is not completely free.
- The vulnerabilities are relatively higher.
All In One WP Security is the ultimate plugin to take the security of your website to the next level. There are 3 rules for categorizing the type of security and firewall, titled “Basic”, “Intermediate”, and “Advanced”.
As a result, you can apply the most suitable rule for security that doesn’t harm your website’s functionality. A password tool is integrated into this plugin to generate strong passwords and features login lockdown to protect your website from “Brute Force Login Attack”. On top of that, its firewall secures your website from hackers by changing the default WordPress login page URL.
The firewall also provides adequate security for other factors. All in all, this is the perfect tool for your website’s security and backup. Surprisingly, this plugin is free despite having so many features.
Get this plugin here – Free
9. DMCA Protection Badge:
- Without the hassle of coding, easily integrate a DMCA Protection Badge into your website.
- Along with inserting a DMCA badge, this plugin covers the DMCA registration process for you.
- This plugin is not that effective in terms of real security and firewall.
- May encounter an authentication problem with the existing users. Trouble finding the proper embedded code for HTTPS users.
- Actually, there is no embedded code.
The DMCA Protection Badge is the mark of extra security and protection for your website. Some additional protection such as protection for stealing your content, monetization, third-party validation will be provided by the DMCA website.
The badge acts as an effective visual deterrent for copyright issues. The full form of DMCA is – “Digital Millennium Copyright Act”, which provides adequate protection for plagiarism by tracking your and others’ content. Choose your favorite DMCA protection badge from many options –
While your website has a DMCA badge, it means you are a registered user for them. And if someone tries to steal your content, then you need to go to-
https://www.dmca.com/Cases/edit.aspx. Login providing appropriate credentials and filling out case details. Then, you can request a take down by mailing your case ID to email@example.com.
That is why a DMCA protection badge is necessary and so is this plugin.
10. Code Snippets:
- Keep your website organized by generating various snippets with a GUI interface.
- Get the privilege of activating or deactivating individual snippets according to your need. Even if you switch themes, the snippets will remain.
- You may face a fatal error while enabling this plugin.
- It doesn’t work well with PHP 7 or higher.
If you want to tinker with the WordPress site, you need to create an intimate relationship with your theme’s function.php file. To make the relationship simple, you need Code Snippets. Usually, snippets are a small chunk of PHP codes enabling various functionalities in WordPress-powered websites. They serve the purpose of mini-plugins yet are not as heavy as them.
As a result, the speed of your website won’t be affected. On top of that, when you change the theme, you may need to reinstall some plugins for compatibility issues. The snippets created by Code Snippets won’t go away even if you change the theme.
As a result, it has gained a star rating of 4.8 for offering all these benefits. And this plugin is absolutely free. Code Snippet can be used in websites that are created with other languages rather than English, such as Czech, French, Canadian French, Danish, Belarusian, Brazillian Portuguese, German, Dutch, Slovak, Russian, Croatian, Chinese, Indonesian, and Japanese.
Get this plugin here – Free
- Build exclusive plugins with this free plugin.
- Add CTAs like buttons, text links inside the tables. Saved tables can be used in multiple sections.
- Complicated to build tables with this plugin as you have to manually insert formulas in each cell to call a special function.
- Once a table is deleted, it can’t be restored.
You can guess by the name that TablePress lets you create beautiful and insightful tables on your website. Whether it is a blog post or a page, create a table anywhere on your website. Once you have built a table using TablePress, you get an embedded shortcode.
Simply paste the code into pages, posts, or even text widgets to make the table appear. If you are not sure how to insert tables inside your blogs and make them beautiful, read our articles on making a WordPress blog easily and quickly. Without any coding, you can build as many tables as you want. All the tables can be created in a spreadsheet-like interface.
Furthermore, you can import tables in your website from Microsoft Excel, CSV, JSON, and HTML files. It is a perfect tool for creating tables, having a 5-star rating with over 3,286 votes on the WordPress website.
- Gives the ultimate look on your website that can only be done by hiring a developer.
- Gives access to a lot of professional features which no longer have to be bought separately. Comes with more than 100 pre-built templates and more than 40 free widgets.
- Access to drag and drop page builder which requires no coding skills.
- This plugin has problems running on WordPress version 5.6.2.
- So, make sure you have updated WordPress before getting this plugin.
- This plugin might have major security flaws that can break a website. Many are not satisfied with the customer support even having pro subscriptions.
Yes, you may have heard of Elementor if you are hauling in the website build or design industry for a long time. We can consider Elementor as the leading website or page builder right now. If you are using Elementor, you pretty much don’t need any other plugins for building pages. Create live designs for the landing page and be amazed by the designs. Check out this short video for creating beautiful landing pages with Elementor-
More than 900,000 websites are currently using Elementor even though it was launched in 2016. More than 5,207 people have rated this plugin 5-stars, which gets this plugin an overall 5-star rating.
Its drag-and-drop interface is truly liked by the users. On top of that, the interface is very user-friendly. You can either use the free version or the paid one to access more features like customizing pages with more than 40 widgets.
- You can create attractive and useful contact forms with the free version of this plugin.
- Presents a collection of pre-built templates of contact forms for saving your time.
- The paid version allows you to create unlimited Newsletter forms, Multi-page forms, and more.
- Many have been the victims of scams for false entries in emails.
- Free users can’t even see the fake entries because of the WPForms Paywall block.
- You need to contact the support team for assistance if the Honeypot feature doesn’t work.
- The Lite version of this plugin may seem really lite. While the paid version can be a bit more expensive.
The WPForms is a great plugin for creating various contact forms. We would say it is one of the most powerful plugins for creating contact forms. Although there are many contact form plugins, none are better than WPForms. With the free version of this plugin, you can generate many contact forms for multiple pages. The free version will serve you the basic need. This intro video from WPForms official website will give a hint on how this plugin works –
WPForms claims that user experience is their top priority. Its pre-built templates and workflows have made it convenient for beginners. That is why this plugin has an average rating of 5-star with more than 4 million active installations
However, you may need to switch to the premium version of WPForms if you need to create unlimited advanced forms such as Newsletter Forms, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign, etc. Depending on the premium package you purchase, you can use WPForms on 5 or more websites.
- The ultimate plugin to establish an eCommerce business or online store.
- Enables limitless customization options to boost your sales for physical as well as digital products.
- With WooCommerce, you can set currencies and ratings of the product, set images, display reviews, enable or disable filtering options, and many more.
- Clients are not happy with the developer team of WooCommerce as they don’t seem to value privacy.
- Subscription and renewal charges for exclusive features are overpriced. Some have complaints about slowing down their websites.
If you are looking for the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, then we would suggest WooCommerce. With more than 5 million users worldwide, it is very easy to understand why this plugin is so popular.
In order to build the perfect solution for building an online store, this plugin brings all the elements you possibly need. Providing satisfying services over decades, WooCommerce has been proving itself to be the dominant eCommerce plugin platform for WordPress.
Now, this plugin has its own ecosystem, which includes WooCommerce themes, plugins, and even WooCommerce hosting. There is another headless eCommerce plugin named BigCommerce, but we are not sure if it is good as WooCommerce.
- A generous free solution for building a list of emails for better email marketing.
- Create more catchy contact forms, checkout forms, and comment sections.
- It let you create better amazing newsletters through a user-friendly approach.
- Sometimes updating this plugin can totally take down your website with fatal errors.
- It may take a while to hear back from the support team.
MailChimp is one of the popular plugins to create effective email lists. When it comes to email marketing services, there can be a lot of plugins for WordPress. Hence, none isn’t that good to surpass the generous free plans of MailChimp.
You can create beautiful newsletter forms effortlessly that will make your clients opt for subscriptions.
Do you know there are more than a million users of MailChimp? Obviously, they are not using it by hearing rumors. Without result-based services, getting such a number of users is not possible.
And it’s tempting to get this plugin a 4.9-star rating on WordPress official website. Besides a great rating, this plugin has thousands of reviews. Along with the installation process, you can use this plugin without any hassle.
- With just one click, restore any point by creating automatic backups for certain scenarios.
- An anti-spam feature powered by Akismet will protect your site from spam comments and forms.
- A unique feature of this plugin is to create 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) for your WordPress website.
- Even if the sizes of your images are below 100kb, they may not appear in browsers or media libraries because of this plugin.
- You may notice a significant reduction in loading speed. This plugin isn’t very effective for medium to high websites.
Jetpack is a package of tools, it doesn’t serve only one function. While there can be a lot of multi-purpose plugins out there, Jetpack stands out of the crowd. The number of features offered by Jetpack can’t be described in one article. We can keep on going by describing its features.
As a hint, we can tell you some of the popular features of this tool like – emergency backup, security reinforcements, real-time status, lazy loading, downtime monitoring, social media sharing, marketing tools, activity logging, contact forms, and more. A major drawback is – not all the features come free with this plugin, they are only available in the paid package.
But the free version of Jetpack is enough to take care of the fundamental things. Jetpack will make every blogger happy whether they are using the free or paid version.
17. WP Accessibility:
- Helps the user to fix WordPress core accessibility issues.
- Enables adding post titles to “read more” links.
- Fixes redundancy by removing the same title attributes from pages, archives, and category lists.
- Users who don’t have a deep knowledge of WordPress customization, won’t get the most of this plugin.
- Instead of direct solutions, this plugin offers tools to improve content and site navigation.
WP Accessibility will be really useful for those who just create a WordPress site. Initially, there might be a lot of errors that users don’t even notice. At the same time, there might be a lot of improvements that a new-born website needs to follow.
To get over such issues and updates, WP Accessibility is the ultimate plugin. This plugin has an overall 5-star rating on the WordPress website. However, the number of ratings is low. And this plugin has over 40,000 active installations right now. For fixing varieties of accessibility problems, no other plugins are no as good as WP Accessibility. You can enable or disable all the features of a stylesheet depending on the theme’s need.
You can either modify a particular section of a stylesheet or modify the entire stylesheet by replacing the right one in the theme directory.
- Make your content SEO-friendly with appropriate schema markups.
- Minimalistic set up so that your website doesn’t become heavy.
- Will make it easier for users to find your website on various search engines.
- Many have encountered a refund problem even after sending hundreds of email requests.
- Sometimes, you may notice delays in loading single blog pages.
- Customer support seems to be poor.
Schema is the most suitable plugin when it comes to reaching a certain SEO standard. This plugin generates schema markup into your WordPress site, which is built with the recommended JSON-LD format.
Google loves this type of format. Hence, it will be easier for the users to find your website when they search for related keywords. There is a paid and a free version of this plugin. While the free version can be lavish for most users, the paid version offers features for advanced users.
For instance, you can only apply a limited type of schemas only in certain places on your website when you are using the free version. There are no such restrictions if you use the paid version of this plugin.
Moreover, you can use more schema markups in the premium version. If you are not familiar with the term “Schema Markup”, then you should know that – it is a type of code that needs to be inserted into a website to establish more effective search results for your audience. It’s not only for SEO optimization but also for helping the users.
19. All-in-One WP Migration:
- Export almost everything from your existing WordPress website including database, plugins, themes, and media files.
- Will fix any serialization issues during the migration process.
- Uses chunks so that there is no restriction while uploading files.
- The free version of this plugin isn’t very functional and may force you to purchase the premium version.
- The free version only allows you to migrate your website resources to a new server only if they are less than 512 MB.
- If you are currently using hosting services from Strato AG, you may have to deal with notorious break-ups while uploading and importing data.
The All-in-One WP Migration plugin has an overall rating of 4.5-star on the WordPress official site. More than 5,818 users have rated this plugin a 5-star and you will be surprised to know that this plugin has a number of active users, which is over 3 million.
Transfer all the elements of your existing site to a new website without any technical knowledge. When we said everything, we meant everything including plugins, themes, databases, and even media files. There are tons of cloud storage options (Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega, One Drive, Microsoft Azure, pCloud) or multisite extensions that can be used with the premium version of this plugin.
This plugin obliged not to make your website heavy and doesn’t have any dependencies to work with PHP hosting providers. Here is a video that will show you the process of importing and exporting a WordPress blog with this plugin.
20. Ad Inserter:
- Helps you to organize ads from all the popular sources like Google AdSense, Google Ad Manager, Amazon Native Shopping Ads, Infolinks, Rotating banners, and Media.net.
- Helps you to place ads on your website with optimal suggestions.
- Some say, this plugin doesn’t support multiple ads in a single block and page loading speed becomes slow.
- Inserting codes for ads from the client’s side can be frustrating. Sudden ads may still show even after deactivating this plugin.
The Ad Inserter is an essential plugin if your website is engaged with Google AdSense or other types of advertisements agencies. Without touching the crucial part of coding, you can insert an ad inside anywhere in an article or a page.
Place an ad after a post, content, paragraph, image, comment, excerpt, or other elements. Along with inserting ads after the elements, you can also place ads before or between any of these elements. This is a screenshot of the code for placing an ad block before content.
If you use the premium version of the plugin, you get more access for placing ads and for arranging them. Geolocation is one of the highlighted features of the paid version of Ad Inserter. It uses MaxMind and Webnet77 databases to find the ads appropriate for one particular region.
So, your website will show the relevant ads based on country, region, state, and city. Furthermore, you can blacklist or whitelist IP addresses based on area and generate sticky flotation ads for better presentation.
Top WordPress Plugins – Free vs Premium:
WordPress directory has a lot of free plugins. Although the free plugins will get the job done, you can’t get the most out of them. On the other hand, there are third parties who offer premium plugin services for certain prices.
As you are paying, these premium plugins will come in handy for sure. While using paid plugins, you will get immediate support if any issue arises. You may need to purchase some premium plugins for business growth and the experts are used to working with many premium plugins.
In order to compete with them, you will need paid plugins as well. With that being said, many claim that quality services are not found even when they paid for some plugins. All in one SEO, WPForms, WP Super Cache are the burning examples of this. This comparison table will help you to find the difference between a free and premium plugin –
|Premium Plugin||Free Plugin|
|Paid plugins always cope up with the latest WordPress updates||There is no obligation that free plugins will always cope up with the latest WordPress updates|
|Premium plugins follow the standards of being responsive||With the exception of a few low-quality free plugins, most free plugins follow responsiveness standards|
|Cross-browser support is one of the main concerns of paid plugins||There is no guarantee that a free plugin will support multiple browsers|
|Aside from browsers, premium plugins work incredibly well with other plugins||While using free plugins, you may face some difficulties running other plugins|
|The limit of customization is beyond usual||You can customize up to a certain limit|
|Technical support is always stand-by and maintains higher principles||Technical support is limited and sometimes, there may not be any support at all|
|Despite the actual service, premium plugins never bring unnecessary components||In many cases, free plugins bring more irrelevant elements from the main service, such as unnecessary CSS code|
How to install and activate WordPress plugins:
If our list of plugins has benefited you to any extent, then you need to install them for your WordPress website. The installation process is the same for free and premium plugins.
- First, we will demonstrate the process of installing a free plugin. Once you are in the admin panel or WordPress dashboard, go to (Plugins » Add New). You will see a search bar at the top right corner. Type the name of the plugin that you want to install in the search bar. Click the “Install Now” button after finding the plugin.
- Keep in mind that third parties do keep their plugins on their official websites. If you have downloaded a plugin from the official website rather than the WordPress library, you will get an archive (zip) file of that plugin. So how will you add that plugin to your website? In order to do that, go to (Plugins » Add New) like before. Then click on the “Upload Plugin” button.
- WordPress will now redirect you to another page where it will give you the option to upload the zip file of the plugin. Click on the “Choose File” to upload the file from the designated directory.
As soon as WordPress downloads and installs the plugin, the “Install Now” button will turn into the “Activate Now” button. Just click the button to activate the plugin. Don’t forget to activate the plugin, otherwise downloading or installing it won’t be of any use.
How to disable WordPress plugins:
Now that you know how to download, install and activate a plugin; you need to know how to deactivate it as well. Now a question may arise – Why do I need to deactivate a plugin?.
Well, when you feel like the plugin isn’t that useful or you have found something better than the existing plugin or the plugin you are using is slowing down your website; then you need to get rid of it. In order to deactivate a plugin, you need to go to (Plugins » Installed Plugins) page. Obviously, you will find this page inside of the admin panel or at the sidebar of your WordPress dashboard.
Now, locate the plugin that you want to deactivate. Once you have found the plugin that needs to be deactivated, point the cursor to the plugin’s row, right on top of the “Deactivate” link text. Simply, clicking the link will disable the WordPress plugin immediately.
Plugins are the foundation pillars of any website. Without plugins, building a proper website with specific features will be unbelievably tough. Especially when you have no coding skills, the task will be almost impossible. Nothing can accomplish a specific task like a dedicated plugin.
Therefore, you can’t imagine making a perfect website without using plugins, whether they are free or paid. if you are not sure what plugins are necessary for your website, take a look at these best plugins for WordPress.