Planning to have a footwear WordPress website?
Then we can tell you one thing for sure.
It has to be nothing short of incredible.
The reason is very simple.
— People are bored by sites built from the same mold. They want to be amazed. They want to be mind-blown. Most importantly, they want a fresh experience they can talk about on social media.
So, what do you need for such an amazing online shoe store?
The answer is an ace footwear WordPress theme. We are going to tell you about 10 such themes today. Here is a short video on the best footwear WordPress themes-
1. Open Shop- A responsive footwear theme
What does a footwear online shop need? Responsiveness, compatibility, and everything in-between. The Open Shop theme has all those in its arsenal. It is the brainchild of ThemeHunk, a theme author that specializes in eCommerce WP themes. A brief tour of its demo and product pages had us convinced about this WordPress theme.
Open Shop feature set includes the following:
- A clean codebase that is for Google to crawl
- Customizer that lets you see live preview
- Woocommerce compatible? Obviously.
- Support for translation (including RTL) so that you can sell in any place in the world (almost)
- Easy to set up (tested)
- Product page pop-out
- All the necessary design blocks (CTA, product carousel)
- Header and footer with multiple layouts
- Has both free and paid plans (start’s from $59)
2. Supermarket Ecommerce- A theme built for online stores
You have an idea of what you can expect in a WordPress theme that has “eCommerce” in its name. Well, this theme has all those features in its toolset. And some more. Its creator, Luzuk, is known for its eCommerce themes. We included some of their other themes in our previous WordPress theme discussion (on surfing). From hover animations to design customization, it offers all the options necessary for a unique footwear WordPress website.
This multipurpose theme offers:
- Proper responsiveness
- A blog option you can use to boost the outreach of your footwear business
- Lots of customization options (header, footer, colors, background, menu)
- Support for multiple languages including RTL ones
- Ample space for features products
- Animations to engage the visitors to stay longer
- Required inner page templates
- Threaded commentary for blog articles
- Has both free and paid plans ($39)
3. Easy Store- Handy
Are you looking for shoes in the image above? Well, this WordPress theme is multipurpose like the previous one. You can use it to create an eCommerce store including footwear ones. At the core of this theme is a rich feature set that you can use to personalize your online store with ease. What are those features? You will find them below.
Here are what you will get with this theme:
- Endless (almost) color choices
- Responsive (we have tested it on all devices)
- A rich customizer tool that lets you see changes in real-time
- Supports retina screen devices? abundantly.
- Typography options with freedom to change size, weight
- Compatibility with all the plugins you will need (Woocommerce included)
4. Botiga- A theme that guarantees minimalistic design
Do you use Gutenberg for creating site pages? Then you will find this theme very comfortable. This WordPress theme has been specially optimized for Gutenberg. And we were not exaggerating one bit in the theme title (above the image). It lets you create not just clean but mobile-friendly site pages that your site visitors will definitely appreciate. And that’s just one of its many gifts. You will find the rest below.
Botiga comes packed with:
- Customization of every aspect of your site
- Separate header layouts for all types of devices
- A usable blog option with the threaded comments feature
- Product thumbnails with a quick view option
- A codebase that is easy to crawl for search engines
5. NewStore- A bootstrap-based theme for eCommerce sites
If you have a footwear website in mind that will target the entire shoe niche, then this theme will be an excellent choice. Its Bootstrap foundation will help you create mobile-friendly pages with ease. And that’s not where its developers stopped. They threw in everything from Woocommerce compatibility to shortcodes and everything in between. Go through its features below to know about some of its other features.
- Compatibility with Elementor (a power feature)
- Jetpack plugin from WordPress
- Single click demo import
- Responsive is its middle name
- Lots of custom widgets (only in the pro plan)
- Lots of inner page layouts and sidebar
- Price of the pro plan is $59
6. Basel- A theme with about 10K sales
Xtemos, the creator of this WordPress theme for shoes, is a power elite author on ThemeForest. And it shows in the feature set and demo of this theme. From over 3 dozen demo store layouts to optimization for page builders, it has everything you can expect in a nifty WordPress theme. have a quick tour through its demo and you will know what we are talking about. And then there is its long list of features. You will find some of those below.
Features of Basel include but are definitely not limited to:
- 40 demo layouts that cover a diverse range of niches (including shoes of course)
- Lots of header variation (and we mean lots)
- Option to have AJAX-powered smart search, filter, and social login functionality
- Compatibility with Slider Revolution for mind-blowing slides
- Compatibility with Gutenberg and WP Bakery
- Support for RTL and several other languages (WPML supported)
- Built-in color and image swatch for better viewing of products
- Lots of widgets (for Instagram as well)
- All these and many many more for just $59
7. Shopix- Built with dashing online stores in mind
Answer this question. What is it people will put their maximum attention on when they visit an online store? The images of course. That was engraved on the minds of the developers of ElfWP, the creator of this amazing WordPress theme. That coupled with its clutter-free design will help you create a footwear website that is not just amazing but converts well. There are many other features in its sack that you will find just as useful if not more.
Shopix gives you:
- Optimization for speed and SEO
- 1-click demo import (makes life colorful doesn’t it)
- Multiple header layouts to choose from
- Lots of styling options to create unique product pages
- A superb blog option to drive organic traffic
8. Catch Shop-A theme that makes modern stores possible
One of our eCommerce site clients was talking to us the other day. She was telling us that she wants to view her Instagram feed on her footwear store, show off feature products better than Gucci does and what not. In a nutshell, she wants a pixel-perfect site with extensive functionalities. So, we showed her this theme demo and its features. Her response, “exactly what I was looking for.”
Here are the features of Catch Shop:
- Standard code base
- Lots of customization options to personalize your site
- As you expected, it let you create fully responsive websites
- Blog feature with threaded comments
- Supports retina devices
- Allows translation (including RTL languages)
- Woocommerce compatibility and many conversion-boosting features
- Has both free and paid plans ($59.99)
9. Online Shop- Excellent theme for a footwear megastore
Remember NewStore? The fifth footwear WordPress theme we talked about today? Well, this theme is a lot like that one. It is a robust theme that lets you create an eCommerce WordPress site showcasing a large number of products. When you see its wide array of features, you will realize its power too. One of the most dynamic WordPress themes we have ever used.
Some of the amazing features of this footwear theme are:
- Advanced header, footer, and sidebar options to customize your site
- Flawless compatibility (tested) with Woocommerce
- Single-click import of demo (makes life a lot less stressful)
- Lots of widgets to give your site a unique look
- Powered by WordPress live customizer, it lets you see changes in real-time
- Compatible with page builders (another amazing feature)
- Obviously, it makes online stores responsive (given the fact that over half of global internet traffic comes from mobile devices)
- Supports translation (RTL languages too in case you are wondering)
- Has both free and paid options ($55)
10. Blossom Shop- A footwear WordPress theme
Shortlisting footwear WordPress themes isn’t easy. Specially free ones. After collecting nine, our designated content writer had to take a coffee break. And then he came across Blossom Shop. A brief tour of the feature set and demo earned it a place on our list. And it was not due to the caffeine. It is one of those multipurpose WordPress themes that let you create nifty yet minimalistic footwear shops.
Blossom Shop comes packed with the following (and more):
- Instagram feed embedding (to show off your amazing Insta photos)
- SEO optimized (will be super helpful in getting organic traffic from search engines)
- Support for RTL and other major languages
- Shops created with it retain their usability across all browsers in the universe
- A massive (over 600) Google fonts
- 1-click demo import
- Schema data for your footwear products (star rating, reviews)
- So responsive you will be left mind-blown
- And a whole lot of other features for $49 (has a free plan as well)
Recap What’s the name of the first WordPress theme we covered? Having a hard time remembering right. That’s why a recap is always good. Here are the 10 WordPress shoe themes we have talked about today:
- Open Shop
- Supermarket Ecommerrce
- Easy Store
- Basel (no free plan)
- Catch Shop
- Online Shop
- Blossom Shop
Related Next: Mobile First WordPress Themes
Does your footwear WordPress theme site blow your visitors’ minds?
Whether you are the owner of a WordPress footwear shop or creating one, this is the question you need to ask yourself. And the answer cannot be “No”.If it is, then your potential customers will simply bounce off your site and find another shop. So, choose your footwear WordPress theme shop with care. And if you need help, feel free to reach out to us. That’s it for today. We are going shoe shopping. Feel free to tag along.